Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Recovery

The recovery seemed to last forever--at least longer than it did with my first child. But perhaps that was because I was too focused on taking care of a newborn, this time I could find myself often feeling sorry for myself and for having to go through all the post-labor things such as my milk coming in, UTI, bleeding, etc. It was hard. But I knew I had to go through it--physically and emotionally. I knew that because we turned our will over to Heavenly Father, that He would give me more strength than I knew I had....more courage than I knew I had...and more reasons to be grateful than I knew I had.

I was blessed to have remarkable people around me. People who sent emails, people who prayed, people who fasted in our behalf, people who stopped by to visit or to see how I was doing or to bring me flowers, letters in the mail, meals for our family to eat, gifts...the outpouring of love was tremendous and I KNOW it helped me get through the worst. I know the Lord surrounded us with love and peace. I am grateful for those friends and family and strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment