Saturday, March 27, 2010

April 1

I know I haven't posted on this site for a while....I have had many experiences in the past few months that I am just not ready to share yet. We are approaching the year mark of our sweet baby girl...April 1, 2009.

I have mixed emotions about it....am I sad because that is what is expected from me? Am I supposed to mope around all the days leading up to this great milestone? Or am I supposed to be happy and not allow myself to go to "that place" emotionally? What are we even "supposed" to do on April 1?

And honestly, I can't believe a year has gone by already. And what I have come to terms with for my own self, is that I need to keep myself busy. I don't want to wallow in self-pity and negative thoughts, I want to REMEMBER what we learned and gained from one of the hardest times in our lives.

So, I am going to be grateful that we have an angel watching over us--and have had an angel watching over us for the past year.

3 comments:

  1. Love you Val! I will be thinking of you and praying for you this next week.... (as I do anyway). Sure love you and so glad that you have a precious angel watching out for you too. She really is watching out for you, and what a precious soul she must be.

    Love
    jessi Sherwood Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are a brave and strong women, and family. Thinking of you today, she is with you always, I say celebrate that today. Much love to your family Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing the right thing by remembering what you have learned through this trial. That is the point of hardtimes anyway right. I am thinking about you and your sweet daughter today.

    ReplyDelete